To celebrate #NationalProposalDay, we rounded up our favorite engagement films of all time. Have a friend who watches proposal videos for fun? DM this article to them! Know a couple who’s about to get engaged any second? Send this list to them! Not engaged, but want to be? Aggressively send this list to your significant other! Ok, kidding. Kind of. 🙃 Here are eight engagement videos you (and everyone you know) will love.
1. Lindsay and Dylan by Sharper Image Productions. Dylan here gets a million gold stars for his creative and insanely creative proposal idea. He asked to Lindsay to marry him by creating a movie trailer, which he screened in the same movie theater they shared their first kiss while Lindsay was there for another movie. Lindsay did not suspect a thing until Dylan popped up on the big screen in the same exact spot he first told her he loved her.
2. McKayla and Aaron’s proposal video by Yellow Productions. Aaron is a 14-year war veteran who became blind due to an explosion in December of 2011. Over the years that followed, Aaron shared the milestone moments of his rehabilitation on social media, from running marathons and climbing mountains to solo whitewater kayaking. Aaron’s social posts captured the attention of long-time family friend McKayla, who reconnected with Aaron from over 4,000 miles away. (You can read more about their amazing love story here!) The non-profit organization Holidays for Heroes helped Aaron set up an incredible proposal, captured by Yellow Productions.
3. Bekka and Andrew’s engagement film by Apercu Films. Shot at the Jungle Gardens in Louisiana, this engagement film is a STUNNER. I especially love that Apercu Films included audio of Bekka and Andrew telling their story and reading some of their vows in their engagement film. A moment, please, for this direct quote from Andrew: “You are like a puzzle and I can’t wait to continuously gather you up piece by piece and discover more of you as we walk through life together.”
4. Elizabeth and Brandon’s engagement film by Dallas Wilson Wedding Films. Basically, this entire engagement film is a steady stream of Elizabeth and Brandon’s epic dance moves, and trust me, they do not disappoint. It’s like a music video for their love and I want to watch it every day of my life.
5. Ella and Enzo’s save-the-date film by Capture Productions. This snow-y save-the-date is MAGICAL. Watch Ella and Enzo run through the Vancouver snowfall, drink hot chocolate (at least I’m pretty sure it’s hot chocolate), and build a snowman.
6. Sheila and Anthony by Zoombox Wedding Films. This couple did their engagement session on a YACHT and it is as marvelous as you’d expect it to be. There is what can only be described as a Titanic moment at 2:10 and honestly that’s all you need to know.
7. Tamala and Randall by Kemari Lyn Films. Randall lived and worked in Tallahassee while Tamala was in Baton Rouge working on her Masters Degree. Their love for each other shines through their gorgeous engagement vid and is a great reminder for long-distance couples that there is a light at the end of the tunnel, y’all! Love is stronger. ❤️
8. Emily and Tyler by Heart Stone Films. You’ll definitely recognize Emily from her Bachelor days. She and Tyler pulled off the most epic surprise by inviting all of their friends and family to what they thought was an engagement party. When guests arrived, they suddenly realized it was not an engagement party, but their ACTUAL WEDDING. Heart Stone Films captured the whole thing and it’s spectacular.